Saturday, March 29, 2008

Friday was New Music Day

My order from Amazon.ca came Friday. A rather noise filled collection, save for the Herbie Hancock, which is pretty smooth. The new Raveonettes is made for Spring time, top down, cruising. The Magnetic Fields pays ode to Jesus and Mary Chain, and the Hot Chip is just loopy.

Made in the DarkRiver  Joni LettersLust Lust LustDistortion

Taking full advantage of a recent discovery, you can go here for the sampler. Let me know what you think of it all!:

ianmcc.muxtape.com
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 Comments:

Blogger Bruce said...

Liked it all.

I've been enjoying River for a few weeks now, and kept going back to Lust and With my Eyes Closed. Thanks for putting me on to the Raveonettes. Now part of the collection.

I have been introducing myself to new music with finetune since the pandora thing isn't working out. I really like the threads it builds, but the TOTAL randomness of muxtape is pretty cool, too.

I've pretty much gone AAC, which means I can't use Muxtape for the most recent stuff, but I gave it a go anyway.

spruce16.muxtape.com

3:52 PM  
Blogger nameles said...

The Ravonettes sound great to me too. Thanks!

Back in the Mac-in-Time days you'd lend me a stack of CDs from time to time and turned me on to a bunch of music I'd otherwise never heard of. Now I can have a taste of that again via Muxtape. I love it.

Now it's on to Bruce's.

10:40 PM  
Blogger nameles said...

In the spirit of sharing, I've slapped one together as well.

nameles.muxtape.com

8:19 AM  
Blogger nameles said...

So Ian... got your comment on my Blogger blog, which as you could see I don't actually use. You don't know who I am. Of course I could just tell you, but where is the fun in that. I've already given you a clue in my original comment. Here is another... the blog that I actually dabble with a little more regularly is http://nameles.tumblr.com/ . I don't blatantly identify myself there either but maybe there are some clues?

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home