Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Enternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind


I actually had Zip.ca send me the bonus disc of the 2 disc set cuz I wanted to watch the extras. I watched them last night. I am even more convinced Michel Gondry is a genius.
If you haven't seen this movie, I really suggest you do. Even if you don't like the story, watch all the tricks employed. What makes this movie even more amazing is how of many of the tricks are low-fi, not computerzied. For example the extras reveal several scenes where the actors need to be in several spots on the set within one shot, requiring them to run through trap doors,change clothes and then act within seconds. You really get the sense that Gondry knows he can do all this stuff digitally, but it wouldn't be as fun! Watching the extras now makes me want to watch the film again.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I was kind of disappointed in the B-story but i agree. You really have to see those very creative wacky scenes. You really don't believe what you are seeing. Music is great too.

... and I forgot to give you back the Gondry DVD set.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home