Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sigur Ro�s: Takk

Even after downloading this one, for free, I still bought it. Why? Well for one flimsy reason, the packaging is cool, reminding me of a really old book. But the more important one reason for buying this is to show support for this band!
Since the very first time I heard their very first song, I have been taken with this band. Sigur Ros is one of those bands either you "get" and it will cause to you feel moments of reflection, nostalgia, remorse, uplifting joy, and enlightenment, perhaps all within one song.

Like little songs you hear child hum while they play these simple melodies play over and over until they get under your skin. I will end the metaphoric attempts to describe anymore, follow the link to read several attempts by the qualified.

(The concert I saw in support of their FIRST album is in my top five gigs I have seen, now 4 albums in I can't imagine their abilities to bring this sound alive!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home