Friday, January 15, 2010

Ultravox Quartet





Sorry it's been awhile between posts. I've been busy! So here's another music post, and even better another deluxe remastered version released for the 25th ann. I DO like new music honest! But there are so many classics that needed remastering!

I'll be honest I was never into Ultravox in a big way, this is the only album I have. But it's considered one of their best and I listen to it constantly! Produced by George Martin, the famous Beatles producer, it's a wonderful representation of 80's electropop.

I am not a music tech geek but I think this was well before the massive programming abilities keyboard have now, so it features playing that feels "live". Live drums and bass and occasional guitar also add to it make feel more alive that the electronic music to come. In one song there is a synth solo in place where a guitar solo would be and you can almost envision someone playing one of those keyboards guys would sling like axes back then! Add in some obscure lyrics bordering on pretension, and make sure you have everyone take themselves very seriously and presto! you summed up the 80's.

The copies I had previous were quite muddy and had no strong bottom end. The bass playing on this remaster coming out as strong as it should. The second disc is full of remixes, outtakes and live versions. If you own only one Ultravox album, and really you should, then this is it!


Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home