Monday, August 11, 2008

Minotaur Shock justifies his prices

(4AD artist who's decided that he will try and convince you what each track is worth.)

Basically, it boils down to this. I don’t make enough money out of music for it to be a career; I have a day job. I have a little family and a big mortgage, hence it’s difficult for me to tour for too long. I couldn’t afford to pay a band even if I wanted to. This isn’t a sob story mind, its just a subtle way of guilting you into paying for the music. I just invented a verb right there. If you don’t pay for the music, then 4AD will lose interest, I will get dropped, scrabble around for a while, probably toy with the idea of releasing an online album myself, procrastinate and eventually there is the distinct possibility that you will not hear from me again. No one wants that. Well, no one that’s bothered reading this much.

So, instead of doing a Radiohead and asking you to pay what you think the music is worth, I have decided to try and explain what I feel the music is worth, and explain my reasoning. Of course, in an ideal world I would charge you £20.00 per track, but I’m a realist. I have been honest with both you and myself. It should all be quite self-explanatory.
Minotaur Shock
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home