Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another Aperture review

Great read about one photog's use of Aperture for a couple big conferences. The app held up to heavy use. I like this one idea:

Using Aperture 2.0 - James Duncan Davidson
Aperture User Interface
It was at eComm where Aperture 2.0's library and workflow tools, including it's iLife integration, really shone. In fact, I really enjoyed using Aperture's organization tools again. And, the iLife integration let me do something really neat. I set up an AppleTV in the venue to display processed photographs to attendees. Because Aperture integrates with iTunes which then integrates with the AppleTV, I was able to keep a fairly up-to-date photo show running in the conference hallway without a fuss and without impacting my workflow at all. And, based on the feedback I received, the conference attendees really enjoyed seeing the photos on a big 50" plasma display. You can bet I'll be looking into doing this more in the future.

So, after shooting almost 6000 images at ETech and almost 5000 at eComm--totalling a whopping 136GB of data--what's the verdict? The answer is that Aperture stood up to the test. It did the job. And it did it well. Did it do everything perfectly? No. But then again, Lightroom doesn't do everything perfectly either. These tools are still evolving and maturing.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 Comments:

Blogger 梁奕 said...

Nice photo blog, Aperture 2.0 is also launch recent in Hong Kong, I think I will buy one.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home