Tuesday, October 25, 2005

SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs

If you need even more reasons to think of me as a geek picture this: It's 12:30 am on a Sunday night and I am glassy eyed, wearing a headset, spastically pushing any and all buttons on my controller while cursing in a very extreme manner.

I really do suck at these kinds of games, but I find playing with aprox 60 people (30 to a team) in this huge artificial environment, with all its unpredictability, pretty exciting. It's the closest I ever want to be to feeling what combat is like. It's real in the way its nasty and unfair. I can take my time sneaking up on a position, taking forever only to be picked off by a sniper at any time. That's usually what happens, because I do suck at this, but no matter, it's fun!

Once in awhile, you'll find a game in progress where everyone actually works together and tries to achieve the goal in question. That can be a lot of fun, working as a team. For the most part the majority of players just wanna shoot people and blow stuff up. As well some of the maps on this game are far too realistic in scale. You spent a lot of time running cross-country. All in all though this is the best FPS game I have played on the PS2, and is indeed the best one online.

It's a shame I know so many people with PS2's who've never used them online. Plug it in guys, its FREE to play online! We'll never have a clan at this rate!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I play this game on the regular game all the time i don't know how to hook up to the internet and it's pissing me off.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home