Friday, June 26, 2009

My retro Olympus the LT105




All the talk about the new retro style of the Olympus reminded me of my old point n shoot, The LT Zoom 105. I've hung on to this camera simply cuz it looks cool! This was one of the two P&S I took for my month long trip to Thailand back in 1999. It was a huge leap of faith on my part to only take small point n shoot cameras rather than a SLR and all the lenses. Keep in mind this was with film. You couldn't see what anything, you had no idea what the camera was getting. Between this camera and another Nikon P&S I had coverage from 28mm to 105mm.
I had the hand painted art on the back in Chang Mai, Dec 1999 mere days before the end of the century. For that reason alone I will hang on to this camera.


Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Always liked my Olympus LT105 too, particularly for its retro styling.

I'll probably always keep it as well since it took photos from my wedding and honeymoon.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

End of the century? That wasn't until December 2000 mate, not 1999! Nice camera the LT 105, I have mine still, like you I held on to it despite going digital..

Barry
Dublin

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home