Monday, October 15, 2007

One shooter's move to the next level in storage

I predicted a few months ago, that this woul dbe an issue for many of us as the gigs pile. I am seeing more articles like this one.

Culled Storage: In Search of Liberal Media StorageOctober 11, 2007
By Bart Nagel

Backing up your digital files is a good thing—less onerous than clipping and sleeving negs, but as I recall from the Filmozoic Era, there always was a boring aspect to making photos.
A couple of years ago I was struggling with dozens of 500GB hard drives and a Macintosh OS X software mirroring solution that kept losing its groove.

Re-syncing the drives became a weekly chore that took an entire day each time, to my endless frustration and constant lament.

“Why don’t you invest in an enterprise-level storage solution?” asked my wife.Have sweeter words ever passed her lips? I think not.

Culled Storage: In Search of Liberal Media Storage

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home