Friday, June 15, 2007

This ones for my shooting friends (and some clients!) who need schooling

EP - A DIGITAL MANIFESTO

 The link above goes to a explanation of  what's considered standard charges for digital services. I aint' gonna stomp on my soapbox too much about this, frankly becuase I am tried of it.

 A couple years ago I really felt compelled to rally the pro photogs in this city and make sure we all knew what we should be charging. Try as we might there were always some key shooters who decided they didn't want to be the samee room as their peers, leaving everyone to wonder "Are THEY the ones who aren't charging enough?" Historically, pro photographers in this city are stand-offissh and wary of each other. I thought the changes in our industry would have changed some of these attitudes. They haven't, so I give up trying to get everyone united.

Mean while the "next gen" of shooters will simply undercharge and devalue our industry to the point where being a photographer is a quaint notion like a woodcarver. In the future we'll all be fighting over the $20 istockphoto is paying.

So if you're gonna charge money for your photography, hit the link. Please.


Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home