Wednesday, June 27, 2007

37 Signals Backpack

Backpack information organizer and calendar

Simple software to help you get organized: 37signals

I can't recall the last time I talked about this but for those who vaugely recall, I am still using Backpack.

In fact the more I use it, the more I love it. I am using a Backpack page as my main Next Actions page. The Calendar is still my main calendar. At first I thought having things online a bit limting, but with 3-4 different machines in use, it's the ideal way of acessing my data where ever I am when the phone rings. People are working on offline solutions, but really it's more about making a small bit of effort in your behaviour rather than dealingw ith feature bloat. That seems to be 37 Signals prime objective, to get you to work more efficent while maintaining a bloat free app.

They also just released HighRise, a contact manager. While very cool, say for a sales guy, I find it a bit over the top. The contact managment is more than I need, and the creation of tasks 2 steps too many. But take a look, all these apps have smaller free accounts.


Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home