Thursday, May 31, 2007

"I said I'd do it and I DID IT!"

That's what Sam used to say at the end the TV commericals Sam the Record man used to have. Rob posted this link and I had to link to it as well.The Sam the record man in Unicity is where I bought a lot of formative music in my life. The flagship store in TO was an required stop, with the amazing selection, right on Yonge St.

As well while working at Sam the CAMERAMAN all those years, we'd constantly field calls asking if the latest new release was in stock. We'd tell them to look one more line down in the phone book.

globeandmail.com: Toronto's Sam the Record Man closing

Blogged with Flock

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I forgot about the Unicity location. I was even there a couple times myself. Man that TO store was fun to look around.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Bruce said...

At "the Cameraman" version, we once had a woman ask, AFTER buying gift certificates, IN THE STORE, if her grandkids could use them at the Toronto store.

sooo...we gave her her money back, of course, but she was naturally a bit mad at us for having tricked her.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home