Friday, February 23, 2007

What's old is new again.


4ft vinyl Balcar Umbrella
Originally uploaded by ianmcc.

Sometimes it's as simple as dusting off some old gear. Monique wanted a 60's inspired headshot. I thought of all the great shots of Twiggy done by Avedon in the 60's. He didn't have softboxes, he had big umbrellas. So I dusted off the old 4ft Balcar umbrella I used to use years ago and I liked the results.
This shot BTW was a simple tweak of a Jpegs shot in B&W mode on my nikon D2xs. Like some curve adjustments and away we go. So the B&W mode as some use! The RAW file can be converted back to colour anytime.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Dueck said...

I think this is my favorite work I have seen from you. But of course I'm a huge Avedon fan. Is it white or silver?

6:14 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

It was a white Vinyl, so it's a neat look.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home