Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The search for A GTD workflow continues

While I am convinced that GTD will help me once I implement it fully, the real key is to find the right app that will be as painless to use as possible. I have narrowed the field to a couple Both are web based which allows me to access my "stuff" regardless what machine I am sitting in front of:
BackPack, is the first one I have been trying out for a couple days. It's a web based organizational tool, where the first 5 pages are free. I have been trying a GTD set up based soley on the five free pages and so far it's been pretty good. There is room for some inprovment and apparently it's coming.But it does has a couple neat features, including the ability to email info to the pages and iCalendar integration. Once you scale you're set up, you can pay a monthly subscription fee, something like $5 a month.

Tracks is another web based app but has been designed from the ground up for GTD. The problem is it runs on Ruby On Rails some sort of open source server database software. So the install is a bit too geeky. But once you have it running it works pretty good.

So far the advantage goes to Backpack, with the email tricks, the quick note taking, and the soone to be released calendar feature. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home