Thursday, July 13, 2006

Capture NX trial version released

If you shoot raw files with Nikon, you should try this full functional demo.
Hit the link to find the version of the demo you need.

I can't say I am impressed with the performance. In many ways Capture 4.0 is EASIER to work with, which is saying ALOT! The biggest deal breaker for me is the fact that it can not process anything in the background. You want to save a file as a Jpeg, you can't let it chug in the background, you sit and wait. I haven't figured out how to batch process a group of files. Every time I try, the program freezes up. The things I DO like is the control points and the edit list, which is like adjustment layers. Overall the GUI is a bit clunky and takes soem time to wrap your head around. Perhaps more time will change my opinion but I can't see how this program is gonna work in a real production enviroment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home