Friday, April 28, 2006

United 93Reviews

The reviews are coming in as expected. I knew after watching Bloody Sunday that Greengrass was the guy to make this film. It sounds masterfully constructed and a film worthy of the subject matter.

United 93 (2006): Reviews: "I am here to tell you that Greengrass has fashioned one of the most powerful films I have ever seen, and that watching it makes you value your loved ones and your privileges more, perhaps, than you ever have. He has made a film that makes you feel, makes you think and makes you want to connect. And that, finally, might be the greatest thing that art can do. "

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, it was quite remarkable alright. Made me feel like I was right there in one of the seats. My heart was pounding at various scenes. It felt like a window to the exact events that unfolded.

I hate to describe a movie as "real." But that's exactly how this one felt. It's one of those pics that everyone has to see but that I don't want to watch again for a really long time.

kev

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing filmmaking. It felt like it was all unfolding for real in front of you all over again. The second WTC crash gave me shivers down my spine just like it did when I was watching it live the first time.

Stan

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home