Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Jersey Girl

http://www.metacritic.com/video/titles/jerseygirl/
We rented this one, cuz at first glance it sounded cute. I didn't read
the box, cute movie with a kid and a dad, great no problem.

Well, in the first third J-Lo dies in child birth and Ben Affleck is
left to raise this baby girl! I mean I guess I should read the box!

Meanwhile he has it all in the big city, fast paced job, success etc.
Well he has to give all up to raise this kid. The rest of the film is
him coming to terms with that over the years.

Maybe it's cuz fatherhood is looming on the horizon and maybe my
emotions have been running high these past few weeks with all the
thoughts of birth (and deaths), but damn this movie, it got under my
skin and I was blubbering at the end of all! The plot turns are pretty
obvious and you can see them coming, the difference is in Kevin Smith's
writing and Ben Affleck's ability to make it all believable. Also
George Carlin does a wonderful job as his widowed dad dealing with
everything.

I recommend it to all expectant fathers. The rest of you will probably
roll your eyes, or not, who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home